Samarthya’s Early Intervention Program is dedicated to helping young children ages 0-6. Our goal is to foster the development of children having various types of disabilities. Currently we have one Early Intervention Centre in Koppal and one in Devadurga. Our staff collaborate with the Aids & Appliances Workshop to recommend the most appropriate equipment to maximize the child’s physical and cognitive function and integration into the community. Collaboration is of utmost importance to us – we work with Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) workers, Accredited social health activists (ASHAs), teachers, community members, physicians, and other health care professionals to ensure that each child is receiving a high level of care.
How does the program work?
- Children are identified by the parent, physician, or a community health worker to have delayed development or are diagnosed with a physical or cognitive disability
- Child is referred to one of the Early Intervention Centers in (Koppal or Devadurga)
- Our therapists perform the assessment, provide a treatment plan, educate parents on their child’s condition and appropriate home exercises
- Follow up visits are scheduled as required, families are encouraged to continue the treatment plan at home
- Periodic check-ins are performed until the child is 6 years of age
- Our team consults with other healthcare professionals as necessary to provide the best quality care available